A Grid-based e-infrastructure for data archiving, communication and computationally intensive applications in the medical sciences - An FP7 EC-funded project (2008-11)
neuGRID will be a new user-friendly Grid-based research e-Infrastructure enabling the European neuroscience community to carry out research required for the pressing study of degenerative brain diseases.
In neuGRID, the collection/archiving of large amounts of imaging data will be paired with computationally intensive data analyses.
Neuroscientists will be able to identify neurodegenerative disease markers through the analysis of 3D magnetic resonance brain images via the provision of sets of distributed medical and Grid services.
If you want to use the neuGRID infrastructure, several steps are required:
- You first need to get a certificate recognised by the EuGridPMA organisation
- Once your certificate is properly set up in your browser please access the neuGRID VOMS server to request inclusion in the NeuGRID VO
- Upload your certificate to MyProxy using the neuGRID proxy initialisation page and create the user/password pair that will be your credentials required to log in the neuGRID SSO
- Now you will be able to access the neuGRID service, enjoy!
The neuGRID architecture is built on top of as much open standards as possible, but due to the advanced functionalities that are offered, there are some small requirements:
- a reasonably good browser (you could try a Gecko-based browser like Mozilla Firefox)
- a recent Java virtual machine allowing your browser to run applets
- a decent screen resolution, as some applications are more usable on a wide screen
On the right, the neuGRID dashboard will allow you to navigate inside the neuGRID architecture.
Don't get confused: each application will have its own dedicated menu, the neuGRID dashboard is just used to navigate through the neuGRID architecture, and as it is a sliding menu you are able to open it only when required, thus allowing you to use the full space of the page to work.
As of today, all the neuGRID facilities are not yet available, nevertheless through this preview demo, you can already access: